Tuesday 25 March 2014

Lunch ideas for 1 week using flour tortillas Day 6: BLT wrap

It's now onto Day 6 of my quest to make a lunch using a flour tortilla and I plumped for a BLT (bacon, lettuce and tomato) wrap. What could be simpler? But just because it's simple doesn't mean it isn't totally delicious. 

I've bought many a ready-made BLT sandwich that just hasn't hit the spot - I don't think refrigeration does them any good - but freshly made they are fantastic.

Spread a flour tortilla generously with mayonnaise and top with chopped lettuce, sliced tomatoes and crisp bacon then wrap and eat. That's all there is to making a quick, delicious lunch. As you can see from the pictures I was a bit over enthusiastic with mine and filled it so full that I could hardly keep the wrap closed! With a bit less filling it could be wrapped in cling film and taken anywhere as a packed lunch. Please note though that if you plan to do this, it's wise to remove the seeds from the tomatoes first as these can make the wrap soggy and soggy wraps aren't nice!


BLT wrap



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...