Friday 21 March 2014

Lunch ideas for 1 week using flour tortillas. Day 3: Tortilla Chips with home made guacamole and hummus

Lunch had to be quick yesterday as I was so busy out and about on general errands for most of the day - the reason why this post is a little late! I also needed something fairly substantial as we were off out in the evening and so wouldn't be eating until we got back. This lunch, that was ready in less than 15 minutes from start to finish, was just what I needed.

My tortilla chips took only 8 minutes to cook and during that time I made up the guacamole which was simple and quick. As I had some hummus in the fridge that was leftover from my felafel and hummus wrap the day before, I decided to have some of that too and ended up with a really speedy feast! 

I used 2 flour tortillas which is quite a lot for 1 person, bearing in mind that the guacamole and hummus is quite filling too but I managed to struggle through!


Tortilla Chips with home made guacamole and hummus

Make as many tortilla chips as you like from a pack of flour tortillas. Just cut each tortilla into 6-8 pieces, brush one side with a little oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and chilli powder. Place them in a pre-heated oven at 180°C / Gas Mark 4 for 8 minutes. Take care not to burn as once they start to go they burn really quickly and it will completely ruin the taste.

To make the hummus, see the recipe from my earlier post.

Home made Guacamole - serves 1 -2

Ingredients:
Juice of 1/2 lime
1/2 red chilli
Small bunch of coriander
1 small tomato
1 ripe avocado
salt and pepper

Method:
1. Put all the ingredients, except the avocado into a food processor or blender and chop finely.

2. Peel, de-stone and then mash the avocado.

3. Mix the coriander / lime mix into the avocado.

That's all there is to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...